|Chance to block incoming damage.|
|15% (+15% per stack) chance to block incoming damage. Unaffected by luck.|
Tougher Times is a new item in Risk of Rain 2.
The item grants a 15% (+15% per stack) chance of negating damage, upon being hit by any damage. If the roll is successful, the damage will be negated and a "Blocked!" message will appear instead of damage numbers.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- "Any damage" includes sources like Helfire TinctureBurn everything nearby... including you and allies.
Ignite ALL characters within 15m for 12s. Deal 5% of your maximum health/second as burning to yourself. The burn is 0.5x stronger on allies, and 24x stronger on enemies., Shrines of Blood, the passive damage from the Void Fields, and REX's own skills.
- When a hit is blocked successfully, on-hit effects will not trigger. These include but are not limited to: explosions from Overloading Elites, bleed, ignite, poison, and weaken.
- The item will not block a Void Reaver death implosion since the implosion does not actually deal damage. Similarly, Mercenary's invincibility on either of his utilities and his default special, and invulnerability in general, will not block the implosions either.
- Tougher Times is one of the few items in the game with Hyperbolic Stacking.
Math[edit | edit source]
The chance to activate is determined by the formula
1 - 1 / (1 + 0.15 * amount)
The chance to block is not affected by 57 Leaf CloverLuck is on your side.
All random effects are rolled +1 (+1 per stack) times for a favorable outcome. or PurityReduce your skill cooldowns by 2 seconds. You are unlucky.
All skill cooldowns are reduced by 2 (+1 per stack) seconds. All random effects are rolled +1 (+1 per stack) times for an unfavorable outcome..
Graph[edit | edit source]
Lore[edit | edit source]
//--AUTO-TRANSCRIPTION FROM ROOM 4211B OF UES [Redacted] --// "Why'd you sign up?" Wyatt's voice was bored. The mission to the Contact Light's last known location was taking longer than he expected. Malik was on the floor, cleaning her rifle. "To get paid, mostly." "And that's it?" She grunted in affirmation. She continued to wipe down the weapon. "I'm here to find something." He continued. "I shipped it a few years back, but I don't think it made it before the train went down. I'm guessing it's still in the Contact Light. So I'm gonna get it back." She began to tighten the last remaining bolts. Her routine near completion, she moved her gaze to Wyatt. "Seriously?" "Yep!" Malik raised her brow. "There were over 7 million security chests in the Contact Light. The chance of you finding a specific one is impossible." She began to unfold her legs as she propped her rifle in the corner. "And according to the distress beacon, the Contact Light was destroyed in orbit. Your shipment is probably floating around in space. It's all gone, Wyatt." He grinned. "I think I'm gonna find it." "You're terrible."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Tougher Times is actually the Risk of Rain 1 item, Tough Times, but in a tattered state. Hence its name and altered effect.