The Prismatic Trial is a special, solo-only gamemode where players compete with each other for the fastest time of completing 2 stages. However, to initiate the Teleporter Event, the player must destroy three of a handful of Time Crystals scattered across the map. These crystals explode when destroyed, dealing moderate damage to players and monsters alike. Unlike in standard gameplay, the Teleporter charges instantly once the Teleporter Boss has been defeated.
Prismatic Trials feature a set of two Environments on Rainstorm difficulty, starting cash, and random artifact selections. The only adjustments a player can make are the selected Survivor and their skill loadout.
Prismatic Trials cannot be accessed if the player has installed mods.
Currently, the Prismatic Trial's only in-game purpose is to unlock Slicing Winds and Harvester's Scythe'Critical Strikes' heal you.
Gain 5% critical chance. Critical strikes heal for 8 (+4 per stack) health..
Seed[edit | edit source]
- Every 3 days (72 hours), a new seed is generated for the Prismatic Trial. This seed is the same for all players, but has different artifacts on console.
- Seeds affect stage rotations, interactibles' locations and drops, bosses, monster spawn timing, and activated artifacts.
- Player choices may affect some outcomes of the seed. For example, if the player visits the Bazaar Between Time after the 1st stage, the 2nd stage will have a different spawn location and teleporter location.
- Seeds are not the same for consoles and PC.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Since the Monster spawns and Item Drops from different Interactibles are the same every playthrough, it is possible to memorize them and create strategies for each Prismatic Trial seed.
- The second stage boss will always be an Elite.
- You can go to Bulwark's Ambry in Sky Meadows. Submitting an artifact code and entering the resulting portal counts as a stage completion.
|Risk of Rain 2 Wiki|
|Artifacts • Challenges • Chests • Difficulty • Drones • Equipment • Interactibles • Items • Item Stacking • Lore • Mechanics • Monsters • Newt Altars • Prismatic Trial • Shrines • Status Effects|
|Acrid • Artificer • Bandit • Captain • Commando • Engineer • Heretic • Huntress • Loader • Mercenary • MUL-T • REX|
|Abandoned Aqueduct • Abyssal Depths • Commencement • Distant Roost • Rallypoint Delta • Scorched Acres • Siren's Call • Sky Meadow • Sundered Grove • Titanic Plains • Wetland Aspect|
|A Moment, Fractured • A Moment, Whole • Bazaar Between Time • Bulwark's Ambry • Gilded Coast • Void Fields|