|Receive flat healing when attacked.|
|Heal from incoming damage for 15 (+15 per stack).|
The Planula is a boss item in Risk of Rain 2. Whenever the player takes damage while holding the Planula, they will immediately heal 15 HP (+15 HP per stack), making it extremely useful against monsters that attack with rapid, low-damage hits.
Lore[edit | edit source]
"Yes – the egg. The grandparent incubates the eggs." "And the child?" "The child lays the egg." "And the egg becomes the…?" "The parent." "Okay. And the parent does what?" "Takes care of children – and the grandparent." "And the grandparent is the youngest?" "Younger than the child, yes. But not the youngest." "Who is the youngest?" "The parent." "…"
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Damage-over-time debuffs, fall damage, and damage from the Void Fields trigger the heal.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Works well with the Helfire TinctureBurn everything nearby... including you and allies.
Ignite ALL characters within 15m for 12s. Deal 5% of your maximum health/second as burning to yourself. The burn is 0.5x stronger on allies, and 24x stronger on enemies. to recoup HP lost while burning.
- REX makes excellent use of the Planula, since it heals them when they pay HP for abilities.
- This item can pair well with the Repulsion Armor PlateReceive flat damage reduction from all attacks.
Reduce all incoming damage by 5 (+5 per stack). Cannot be reduced below 1. to further mitigate damage, although both these items fall off in effectiveness as the difficulty increases.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Inside the egg, a tiny Parent can be seen.
- While written to sound humorously confusing, this item's logbook entry suggests that the Parent species has a similar life cycle to that of stars; they start out normal-sized, expand into giants over time, and then collapse into smaller versions, which are the oldest. This may also explain why the species glows brightly, and why Grandparents have a "sunlight" attack.
- Since this item's logbook entry reveals that Children from Risk of Rain 1 are actually the eldest of the Parent species, their disappearance from Risk of Rain 2 may potentially be a result of the Survivor from the first game killing them, and the younger Grandparents not yet having aged into Children.