Monsters are hostile entities and serve as the main threat to Survivors. There are 35 monsters currently in the game, and information about them can be viewed in the Logbook.
Bosses (not to be confused with Teleporter Boss) are a category of monster with much higher health and damage output, and are as such more threatening to the player than most regular monsters.
Any given monster has a 1% chance to drop its Monster Log if any player in the party has not yet acquired that entry. If the monster is a Teleporter Boss, Special Boss, or Horde of Many, this drop chance is 3% instead. These drop chances are affected by the 57 Leaf CloverLuck is on your side.
All random effects are rolled +1 (+1 per stack) times for a favorable outcome. and/or PurityReduce your skill cooldowns by 2 seconds. You are unlucky.
All skill cooldowns are reduced by 2 (+1 per stack) seconds. All random effects are rolled +1 (+1 per stack) times for an unfavorable outcome. of the player that defeats the monster.
These bosses do not normally appear, and have special requirements for spawning.
|Alloy Vulture||140 +42||0/s||15 +3||3 m/s||0|
|Beetle||80 +24||0/s||12 +2.4||6 m/s||0|
|Beetle Guard||480 +144||0/s||12 +2.4||17 m/s||0|
|Bighorn Bison||480 +144||0/s||12 +2.4||3 m/s||0|
|Brass Contraption||300 +90||0/s||10 +2||10 m/s||0|
|Clay Templar||700 +210||0/s||16 +3.2||6 m/s||0|
|Elder Lemurian||900 +270||0/s||16 +3.2||13 m/s||0|
|Greater Wisp||750 +225||0/s||13 +3||7 m/s||0|
|Hermit Crab||100 +30||0.6/s +0.12||12 +2.4||10 m/s||0|
|Imp||140 +42||0.6/s +0.12||10 +2||10 m/s||0|
|Jellyfish||60 +18||0/s||5 +1||10 m/s||0|
|Lemurian||80 +24||0/s||12 +2.4||7 m/s||0|
|Lesser Wisp||35 +10||0/s||3.5 +0.7||6 m/s||0|
|Lunar Chimera (Exploder)||180 +54||0/s||11 +2.2||8 m/s||0|
|Lunar Chimera (Golem)||1615 +485||1.5/s +0.3||35 +7||8 m/s||0|
|Lunar Chimera (Wisp)||850 +255||0/s||15 +3||18 m/s||0|
|Mini Mushrum||290 +87||0.6/s +0.12||16 +3.2||2 m/s||0|
|Parent||585 +176||0/s||16 +3.2||11 m/s||0|
|Solus Probe||220 +66||0/s||15 +3||10 m/s||10|
|Stone Golem||480 +144||0/s||20 +4||6.6 m/s||0|
|Void Reaver||1900 +570||0/s||12 +2.4||6 m/s||10|
|Beetle Queen||2100 +630||0/s||25 +5||6 m/s||20|
|Clay Dunestrider||2100 +630||0/s||20 +4||9 m/s||20|
|Grandparent||3625 +1088||0/s||26 +5.2||0 m/s||20|
|Grovetender||2800 +840||0/s||23 +4.6||10 m/s||20|
|Imp Overlord||2800 +840||0/s||16 +3.2||13 m/s||20|
|Magma Worm||2400 +720||0/s||10 +2||20 m/s||15|
|Overloading Worm||12000 +3600||0/s||50 +10||20 m/s||15|
|Scavenger||3800 +1140||2/s +0.4||4 +0.8||3 m/s||20|
|Solus Control Unit||2500 +750||0/s||15 +3||7 m/s||20|
|Stone Titan||2100 +630||0/s||40 +8||5 m/s||20|
|Wandering Vagrant||2100 +630||0/s||6.5 +1.3||6 m/s||15|
|Alloy Worship Unit||2500 +750||0/s||15 +3||7 m/s||30|
|Aurelionite||2100 +630||0/s||40 +8||5 m/s||20|
|Mithrix||1400 +420||0/s||16 +3.2||15 m/s||20|
|Twisted Scavenger||3230 +969||2/s +0.4||4 +0.8||3 m/s||20|
|Beetle Guard (Ally)||960 +288||1.5/s +0.3||48 +9.6||17 m/s||0|
|Malachite Urchin||250 +75||0/s||18 +3.6||0 m/s||100|
Elite monsters are similar to their basic comrades, but they have a different color, head adornment, extra health, and added abilities. They can be easily recognized by their altered appearance and a symbol on their health bar.
Elite monsters have a very small chance to drop their Elite buff as an Equipment. The drop chance for this is 0.025%, or 1 in 4000. This is affected by 57 Leaf CloverLuck is on your side.
All random effects are rolled +1 (+1 per stack) times for a favorable outcome. and PurityReduce your skill cooldowns by 2 seconds. You are unlucky.
All skill cooldowns are reduced by 2 (+1 per stack) seconds. All random effects are rolled +1 (+1 per stack) times for an unfavorable outcome..
There are two main tiers of Elite monsters. Tier 1 consists of the Blazing, Glacial and Overloading Elites, who have 4 times the health and 2 times the damage of a normal variation of that monster, and Tier 2 consists of the Malachite and Celestine Elites who have 18 times the health and 6 times the damage. Tier 2 Elites only appear after looping. Additionally, there is a "Lunar Tier" of Elites that consists only of Perfected Elites. Only enemies tagged as Lunar can be Perfected, and these monsters cannot spawn as any other Elite type. Like Tier 1 Elites, Perfected monsters have 2 times the health and 2 times the damage.
- Red Elites receive a " Blazing" name prefix, are colored red and/or orange, and have curved ibex-like horns.
- They leave behind a fiery trail that deals 150% damage per second on contact.
- Their attacks Ignite their targets for 4 seconds, dealing up to 20% of the target's combined health in damage. See damage over time.
- Equipment item: Ifrit's DistinctionBecome an aspect of fire.
- Blue Elites receive an " Overloading" name prefix, are colored blue, and have two short horns on their forehead.
- 50% of their health is replaced by shields that rapidly recharge 7 seconds after they've stopped taking damage.
- Their attacks attach a bomb to the target, which explodes after 1.5 seconds for 50% total damage in a 4m radius. This is unaffected by proc coefficients.
- Equipment item: Silence Between Two StrikesBecome an aspect of lightning.
- White Elites receive a " Glacial" name prefix, are colored white and/or light blue/cyan, and have a crown of crystals around their head.
- Their attacks apply an 80% Slow on hit for 1.5 seconds. See Movement Speed and Status Effects.
- On death, they leave behind an ice bomb that explodes after 2 seconds. The explosion hurts all players in its radius for 150% base damage and freezes them for 1.5 seconds.
- Equipment item: Her Biting EmbraceBecome an aspect of ice.
- Poison Elites receive a " Malachite" name prefix, are colored blackish green like Malachite crystals, and have slender spikes on their heads. Blackish green particles are also present in a large area around them.
- Their attacks disable the target's healing for 8 seconds.
- They release 3-9 spiked balls every 6 seconds, which explode for 100% damage in a 7m radius and sprout spike pits where they land, which also do 100% damage on contact.
- On death, they spawn a Malachite Urchin that shoots spikes at the player until it expires.
- Equipment item: N'kuhana's RetortBecome an aspect of corruption.
- Haunted Elites receive a " Celestine" name prefix, are colored sky blue like Celestine crystals, and have a circlet floating over their head.
- They create a large spherical aura around themselves that grants invisibility to non-Celestine monsters within. Monsters that are invisible can still be attacked and damaged.
- Their attacks apply an 80% Slow on hit for 3 seconds. See Movement Speed and Status Effects.
- Equipment item: Spectral CircletBecome an aspect of incorporeality.
- Perfected Elites receive the " Perfected" name prefix and have a white halo above their head. These Elites only appear on Commencement or during a Lunar Chimera Family Event.
- 100% of their health is replaced by shields that rapidly recharge 7 seconds after they've stopped taking damage.
- Their attacks apply the Cripple debuff for 3 seconds, reducing the armor and movement speed of any player hit.
- Every 10 seconds, they fire a barrage of 4 projectiles that deal 30% damage each.
- Equipment item: Shared DesignBecome an aspect of perfection.
- The Overloading Worm is not regarded as an Overloading Elite version of the Magma Worm. They are similar, but separate species.
- Elite status does not confer any immunities, resistances, or armor additions.
- Glacial Elites' on-death explosion can be blockedChance to block incoming damage.
15% (+15% per stack) chance to block incoming damage. Unaffected by luck..
- Despite their invisibility, enemies within a Celestine Elites' sphere can still be targeted by most attacks that have automatic targeting, such as Huntress's attacks.
- Monsters can get stuck on a Shrine of Combat or Shrine of Chance, where they then jump up and down repeatedly, dance around it, or stand completely still. This is due to their pathfinding not knowing how to get down from the Shrine.
|Risk of Rain 2 Wiki|
|Artifacts • Challenges • Chests • Difficulty • Drones • Equipment • Interactables • Items • Item Stacking • Lore • Mechanics • Monsters • Newt Altars • Prismatic Trial • Shrines • Status Effects|
|Acrid • Artificer • Bandit • Captain • Commando • Engineer • Heretic • Huntress • Loader • Mercenary • MUL-T • REX|
|Abandoned Aqueduct • Abyssal Depths • Commencement • Distant Roost • Rallypoint Delta • Scorched Acres • Siren's Call • Sky Meadow • Sundered Grove • Titanic Plains • Wetland Aspect|
|A Moment, Fractured • A Moment, Whole • Bazaar Between Time • Bulwark's Ambry • Gilded Coast • Void Fields|