|MUL-T is an aggressive survivor who has the tools necessary for any job!|
|Health||200 (+60 per level)|
|Health Regen||1/s (+0.2 per level)|
|Damage||11 (+2.2 per level)|
|Right Tool for the Wrong Job|
|..and so it left, ready to recharge.|
MUL-T is a playable character in Risk of Rain 2.
Skills[edit | edit source]
|Description||MUL-T can hold two equipment at once. The active equipment is swapped by using Retool.|
|Description||Rapidly fire nails for 70% damage. Finishes with a blast of 12 nails.|
|Description||Fire a piercing rebar that deals 600% damage.|
|Description||Fire a rocket that explodes for 360% damage. Hold up to 4.|
|Description||Saw nearby enemies for 1000% damage per second.|
|Proc Coefficient||Canister: 1|
. Launch a canister for 220% damage. Drops stun bomblets for 5x44% damage.
[ Stunning ]
Interrupts enemies and briefly stuns them.
|Proc Coefficient||Charge: 1|
. Zoom forward, gaining 200 armor and 220% movement speed. Deals 250% damage to enemies.
[ Heavy ]
The skill deals more damage the faster you are moving.
|Description||Passively hold TWO equipment at once. Activating 'Retool' switches the active Equipment and MUL-T's primary attack.|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Auto-Nailgun experiences Damage Falloff.
- Use Blast Canister in the downtime of your Rebar Puncher to maximize damage output.
- Transport Mode's armor also applies to fall damage. Use it before landing.
- Ramming into a larger enemy such as a Stone Golem will stun the enemy and instantly end Transport Mode. Smaller enemies won't be stunned, but MUL-T can plow through them to deal damage to everything in an area.
- There exists a stat per attack called "proc coefficient", which defines how strong or frequent procs happen on an on-hit basis. MUL-T's Auto-Nailgun has a low proc coefficient per nail of 0.6 compared to most character's 1.0, to counteract its high fire rate which would otherwise lead to a very high volume of item procs .
- Due to the Rebar Puncher's high single shot damage, it synergizes incredibly well with the CrowbarDeal more damage to healthy enemies.
Deal 150% (+50% per stack) damage to enemies above 90% health.. A couple stacked up can keep you one-shotting even Stone Golems for a good while, and take a good chunk out of any boss. If going for this build it is important to remember to avoid buying gunner drones as they can lower enemies below the threshold for your bonus damage.
- You can rapid fire with Rebar Puncher by equipping it to both the primary and misc loadout slots and cycling weapons with Retool, effectively reducing the cooldown time between shots by 1.3 seconds. Holding the keybinds for both primary fire and Retool will automatically rapid fire this way, doing this will fire faster than holding down primary fire until you get 360% attack speed.
- The Power-Saw can be used both while sprinting and when Transport Mode is active.
- The Power-Saw receives a proc/tick increase for attack speed buffs.
- Auto-Nailgun will fire its burst if you cancel it into Transport Mode, but not Blast Canister or Retool. Remember to let go before using those skills.
- Backup MagazineAdd an extra charge of your Secondary skill.
Add +1 (+1 per stack) charge of your Secondary skill. is great to increase the amount that you can use Blast Canister, making it essential when surrounded by a large group of enemies from either side.
Lore[edit | edit source]
"OK. Everything checks out. You're free to go, pal." The robot chirped in acknowledgement. It folded neatly unto itself and began rolling down the hangar's exit lane - at a very safe pace. Hiroshi pulled a switch. The ceiling rail sprung to life, with a distinct mechanical chatter. "So, what's wrong with this one?" Rico enquired with minimal interest, seemingly distracted by the novel he had buried himself in. "Looks like cosmetic damage on a MUL-T unit. Got dinged up by another unit in the charging bay that malfunctioned after another power surge. We'll be checking that one out after this. You can thank the electrical crew for that." Hiroshi remarked, either completely disinterested in Rico's disinterest. "Great. How hard is it for them to just keep things stable? They have robots doing 90% of their job anyway." Rico scoffed. "We've got complaints on this unit about poor welding jobs, which might've been the cause. Optical calibration is probably off, so we'll also be taking a look at that while it's here. I'd still put money on it being electrical not keeping up with maintenance. Hey, Rico! Would you put that down and help me out?" The rail brought a bright yellow robot, slumbering, into the hangar. Hiroshi flipped the switch and the rail slowed to a halt, bringing with it silence. He began moving to unhook the robot. Reluctantly, Rico set his book on the work desk and started to help unload. In a few minutes the robot was on the service platform. Hiroshi walked over to one of the tool cabinets and pulled out a strange device. He popped open the access panel to the unit's dented head, and began probing at the damage from the opposite side. In no time at all, the tool beeped and kicked back violently. The dent was gone. "Go put this away while I fix the optics," Hiroshi said, one arm stretched behind his back, device in hand. "I have something I want to show you in a sec." Rico grunted and took the de-denting tool back to the cabinet. Hiroshi was already soldering away with the iron from his pocket. This caught Rico's interest. "You don't need a soldering iron to fix the calibration. What are you doing?" he asked. "I already fixed the optics. Remember when I said I wanted to show you something cool - the next time we got a MUL-T in the shop? Come here." said Hiroshi, gesturing. "You see these two chips? It’s actually just one chip that's been split. MUL-T’s come with the same cores as those fancy chef bots, but they cut off access to the main learning module." "You don't say," Rico responded, still trying to see the chip Hiroshi was talking about. "Why'd they do something like that?" "It's cheaper to just make all the cores the same way at the factory and alter them later. The manufacturer says it's for safety, but they just use it to sell you the new cores every few years instead of letting you just teach the units to do a new job." Hiroshi explained. "Sounds about right. If it were a safety issue, why don't they do the same thing with the chef bots? They've been super stable. Can't say they've even ever got an order wrong, even if it's totally out there. They even managed to get Ma's Squid Risotto right." "It's what they can get away with. Anyway, that should do it. We'll just sneak a few minutes with this guy. Wake up," he commanded. The robot's relaxed posture disappeared, and it stood fully alert. "Hey pal, you see this thing I'm doing with my hand? Can you do that?" The robot mimicked a rude gesture. "That's fantastic! You're doing great!" Hiroshi was excited, and Rico got a devilish grin. He rushed off to his desk. Hiroshi continued repeating the gesture, and the robot continued mimicking it back with its single functional hand. Rico stepped back into the robot's view, with a picture covered in holes. "Can you remember this man? This is Ron from corporate, and he's a total degenerate." The robot beeped in affirmation. "Can you do that next time you see this man?" The robot beeped in affirmation again. "Rico! He's gonna remember that! MUL-T, forget that." The robot did not respond. "What are you two up to now?" said a grating voice, clearly approaching from no discernable direction. In a panic, Hiroshi slapped the access panel on the unit's head closed and covered its optical sensor. "Just fixing up robots! Doing our job! In fact, we just finished with this one. You're good to go, pal!" Hiroshi exclaimed to Ron, slapping the robot on the back. The machine folded up neatly into itself and began rolling down the hangar's exit lane. "I see. I'd better not catch you two slacking again." Ron said sternly, before turning around and making his usual relieving exit – most likely to pester other workers on his route. They both let out a sigh of relief. Rico stood up. "Well, we're due at the site in about… 13 hours. That's enough time to grab that MUL-T, pop it back open, and reset it." Hiroshi also stood up. “Yeah, I’m not too worried. How much trouble could it cause in 13 hours?”
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- 1.0 Release (8/11/2020):
- Base Acceleration:
- Rebar Puncher
- Now charges after firing, rather than before.
- Scrap Launcher
- Now behaves like a rocket instead of a grenade
- Explosion Radius:
70 m/s⇒ 100 m/s
- Nail Gun
- No longer has an initial shotgun of 6 nails.
- Now has a final shotgun of 12 nails.
- Now fires in a consistent corkscrew pattern
- Proc Coefficient:
- Wind-down duration:
- Retool Swap duration:
- Transport Mode Cooldown:
- Base Acceleration:
- Hidden Realms Update (9/17/2019):
- Scrap Launcher
- Animation Duration:
- Grenade Speed:
- Scrap Launcher
- Skills 2.0 Patch (10/10/2019):
- Improved vacuum effect of Power-Saw to pull towards enemies
- Skills 2.0 Update (9/17/2019):
- Introduced Scrap Launcher as "Fire an arcing hunk that explodes for 360% damage. Hold up to 4."
- Introduced Power-Saw as "Saw nearby enemies for 1000% damage per second."
- Added the "Janitor" mastery skin
- Scorched Acres Update (6/25/2019):
- Now comes down in a unique pod
- Early Access Patch (4/03/2019):
- Base Movement Speed: 9 ⇒ 7
- Base Damage:
- Increase Transport Mode speed boost from 200% to 220% to compensate for his lost base movement speed.
- Early Access Release (3/29/2019):
|Risk of Rain 2 Wiki|
|Artifacts • Challenges • Chests • Difficulty • Drones • Equipment • Interactibles • Items • Item Stacking • Lore • Mechanics • Monsters • Newt Altars • Prismatic Trial • Shrines • Status Effects|
|Acrid • Artificer • Captain • Commando • Engineer • Huntress • Loader • Mercenary • MUL-T • REX|
|Abandoned Aqueduct • Abyssal Depths • Commencement • Distant Roost • Rallypoint Delta • Scorched Acres • Siren's Call • Sky Meadow • Sundered Grove • Titanic Plains • Wetland Aspect|
|A Moment, Fractured • A Moment, Whole • Bazaar Between Time • Bulwark's Ambry • Gilded Coast • Void Fields|