|Burn everything nearby... including you and allies.|
|Ignite ALL characters within 15m for 12s. Deal 5% of your maximum health/second as burning to yourself. The burn is 0.5x stronger on allies, and 24x stronger on enemies.|
|Amount needed for permanent effect|
|5 GesturesDramatically reduce Equipment cooldown... BUT it automatically activates.
Reduce Equipment cooldown by 50% (+15% per stack). Forces your Equipment to activate whenever it is off cooldown.
|9 Fuel CellsHold an additional equipment charge. Reduce equipment cooldown.|
Hold an additional equipment charge (+1 per stack). Reduce equipment cooldown by 15% (+15% per stack).
The Helfire Tincture is a new equipment in Risk of Rain 2.
Helfire Tincture ticks 5 times per second, dealing 1% max health per tick in damage to yourself, or 24% max health per tick in damage to your enemies. This means that Helfire Tincture deals damage equal to 120% of your max health per second to enemies.
Item Effects[edit | edit source]
Beneficial[edit | edit source]
- Tougher TimesChance to block incoming damage.
15% (+15% per stack) chance to block incoming damage. Unaffected by luck. will block damage ticks.
- Repulsion Armor PlateReceive flat damage reduction from all attacks.
Reduce all incoming damage by 5 (+5 per stack). Cannot be reduced below 1. does reduce damage, and because it ticks extremely fast for low amounts, it's easy to reduce burning damage taken to 1. Highly efficient mitigation.
- Focus CrystalDeal bonus damage to nearby enemies.
Increase damage to enemies within 13m by 15% (+15% per stack). does increase burn damage against enemies, however its range is slightly smaller than the burn range, so you will need to get closer.
- RazorwireRetaliate in a burst of razors on taking damage.
Getting hit causes you to explode in a burst of razors, dealing 160% damage. Hits up to 5 (+2 per stack) targets in a 25m (+10m per stack) radius will proc per burning tick, causing the resulting razor shots to trigger on-hit effects like Leeching SeedDealing damage heals you.
Dealing damage heals you for 1 (+1 per stack) health. or Harvester's Scythe'Critical Strikes' heal you.
Gain 5% critical chance. Critical strikes heal for 8 (+4 per stack) health..
- Stacking Tougher Times will prevent Razorwire from firing, so a delicate balance will be needed in your ratio of bears to razorwire to life leech if you go this method of sustain.
- Titanic KnurlBoosts health and regeneration.
Increase maximum health by 40 (+40 per stack) and base health regeneration by +1.6 hp/s (+1.6 hp/s per stack). and InfusionKilling an enemy permanently increases your health, up to 100.
Killing an enemy increases your health permanently by 1 (+1 per stack), up to a maximum of 100 (+100 per stack) health. greatly increase your damage while simultaneously increasing survivability.
- The more infusions you take, the more Repulsion Armor Plates you will need.
- A single Fresh MeatRegenerate health after killing an enemy.
Increases base health regeneration by +2 hp/s for 3s (+3s per stack) after killing an enemy. helps mitigate during combat, more only increasing the duration between enemies.
- Mired UrnSiphon health from nearby characters while in combat.
While in combat, the nearest 1 (+1 per stack) characters to you within 13m will be 'tethered' to you, dealing 100% damage per second, applying tar, and healing you for 100% of the damage dealt. will also sustain greatly during combat, and you aren't going to be close to your friends anyway with Helfire Tincture active.
- AegisHealing past full grants you a temporary barrier.
Healing past full grants you a temporary barrier for 50% (+50% per stack) of the amount you healed. alongside Monster ToothDrop a healing orb on kill.
Killing an enemy spawns a healing orb that heals for 8 plus an additional 2% (+2% per stack) of maximum health. will add a considerable amount of barrier late-game when your max HP is higher.
- All of the above are greatly enhanced by the Rejuvenation RackDouble the strength of healing.
Heal +100% (+100% per stack) more..
Detrimental or useless[edit | edit source]
- MedkitReceive a delayed heal after taking damage.
2 seconds after getting hurt, heal for 20 plus an additional 5% (+5% per stack) of maximum health. is useless because of the frequent burn ticks unless you get an extremely lucky long string of BLOCKED procs.
- The barrier from Topaz BroochGain a temporary barrier on kill.
Gain a temporary barrier on kill for 15 health (+15 per stack). is consumed almost instantly, and later on the stack requirement gets too high to be sustainable.
- Personal Shield GeneratorGain a recharging shield.
Gain a shield equal to 8% (+8% per stack) of your maximum health. Recharges outside of danger. and all shield effects DO NOT increase damage.
- Cautious SlugRapidly heal outside of danger.
Increases base health regeneration by +3 hp/s (+3 hp/s per stack) while outside of combat. will effectively never activate because you are constantly taking damage.
- Rose BucklerReduce incoming damage while sprinting.
Increase armor by 30 (+30 per stack) while sprinting. can reduce the incoming burn damage, but the effect is considerably smaller than a single Repulsion Armor Plate. The armor granted is still useful for approaching enemies.
- Shaped GlassDouble your damage... BUT halve your health.
Increase base damage by 100% (+100% per stack). Reduce maximum health by 50% (+50% per stack). should be avoided as the damage from this item is based on max health, not base damage, so glass will halve the damage that Helfire Tincure deals.
- TranscendenceConvert all your health into shield. Increase maximum health.
Convert all but 1 health into regenerating shields. Gain 50% (+25% per stack) maximum health. will make your damage negligible, as your max health is set to 1.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Correction: The in-game description of 8m radius is incorrect, and the description does not specify the duration
- Survivors with a natural Armor bonus will take less damage from Helfire Tincture.
Lore[edit | edit source]
======================================== ==== MyBabel Machine Translator ==== ==== [Version 12.45.1.009 ] ====== ======================================== Training… <100000000 cycles> Training… <1453461 cycles> Complete! Display result? Y/N Y ================================ [Grix] ignites. We measure the time. ..... ..... ..... ... .. . Too ordered. Composition is settling - I scrape the mixture from the bottom. [Ouju] ignites. We measure the time. .... ... ... .. . Too smooth. Ratio can be greater. I flatten the mixture. Black ichor of [Ouju] begins to pool around my feet. [Rhisko] ignites. I measure the time. ... . I increase the ratio of Tetrafoil. I saturate the mixture. Ichor floods the chamber. Ash flutters in the air before settling on the floor. ... I ignite. <He> measures my time. ... ... ... .. .. .. . <Perfect.> ================================