|Chance on killing an enemy to summon a ghost.|
|Killing enemies has a 7% chance to spawn a ghost of the killed enemy with 1500% damage. Lasts 30s (+30s per stack).|
The Happiest Mask is a returning item in Risk of Rain 2. The ghost spawning rate is affected by Luck.
The ghost summoned inherits all behavior of the original Monster. The level of the Monster equals yours.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Ghosts won't receive damage through any normal means. Instead, their health drops by a fixed amount every second. The only condition where ghosts might last shorter than guaranteed is where a Jellyfish ghost self-explodes.
- Despite being on your team, the ghosts of Clay Dunestriders and Void Reavers may still harm the player with their life-draining tendrils and nullifier explosions respectively.
- Lightning Elites only survive half the time due to halved max health.
- As the Survivor levels up, all ghosts level up as well. This means that they could live for a bit longer as their health is increased.
- Unlike Drones, Ghosts won't transport with you between stages.
- If either a Beetle Queen, Solus Control Unit or the Alloy Worship Unit becomes a Ghost, any Beetles or Solus Probes it spawns will not be Ghosts, however they will be allied to you. This means they can spawn as Elites and will not lose any health over time.
- These allies do not carry over between stages.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Ghosts are actually the original Monsters with three special hidden items equipped. One makes its health drops over time, ghosts are awarded 30 of these per Happiest Mask the user has. The second makes it appear and behave like a ghost. The third boosts its damage, the ghost is supplied 150 of these.
- Because the time ghosts last is tied to a DoT item it receives, it is possible that Mini Mushrum ghosts can live indefinitely because of their healing ability.