|Lunar Seer Quote|
|You dream of waves, crashing on cliffsides.|
Spires of earth jut through the fog and unknown avian creatures circle far peaks guarding their broods.
There are currently two variants of Distant Roost.
Monsters[edit | edit source]
- Lesser Wisp
- Jellyfish (only after Looping)
- Stone Golem
- Greater Wisp
- Beetle Queen
- Stone Titan
- Wandering Vagrant
Newt Altars[edit | edit source]
The Newt Altars can spawn at several locations for each variant of the Distant Roost.
- Original Variant Locations.
- Located down the gap near the land bridge, atop the bigger rock protruding from the wall.
- Behind the rock located on the upper ledge of the island.
- Within the door area, behind the fallen pillar and next to the mossy rock.
- Altered Variant Locations
- Atop the arch within the cave.
- Within the door area, at the very edge to the left.
- Located under the several smaller land bridges.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Welcome to DataScraper (v3.1.53 – beta branch) $ Scraping memory... done. $ Resolving... done. $ Combing for relevant data... done. Complete! “Captain’s Log. Date: [REDACTED]. Time: [REDACTED], Galactic Standard.” “Several shuttles have been dispatched and landed on the planet. We’ve also deployed some drop pods for the less… social, of our crewmembers. And, well...” A chuckle can be heard. “I have considered joining them on the planet, to oversee operations and manage the chain of command. This has been my first deployment in many years. I’m not going to sit back and rot on the bridge like some old hardware. That said...” The old man clears his throat, getting back on topic. “The shuttles landed in a mountainous region, along some cliffs. While disembarking and setting up a rallypoint, we came under attack from local fauna, just as reports detailed. The situation quickly escalated, and within the first 24 hours we have sustained major casualties and injuries.” “Thankfully the ammunition and armaments I requested were granted by UES, as more of the crew has reported back that all outer life encountered thus far has been hostile. Some of our ground forces have also reported strange and irregular natural phenomenon.” The old man gazes out of the window of his cabin, the moon shining in the night sky. “What a strange planet. This’ll certainly make a good story.”
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Each variant of the stage has a big stone door that may be opened or closed. If opened, it gives access to a new area where chests, a Newt Altar and/or a Teleporter can spawn. If closed, no chest will spawn in the locked area.
- Towards the distant edges of the map, there are flying, passive monsters that can be killed with certain long-range abilities, such as MUL-T's Rebar Puncher and Commando's Phase Round. They have 1 health, and do not provide gold or experience when killed.
- The name of the monsters are called Birdsharks, created accidentally when Hopoo messed up when trying to create a model for grass.
- The internal development name for Distant Roost is Black Beach.
- The remains of a Colossus from the original Risk of Rain can be seen outside the edge of the alternative variant of the stage.
|Risk of Rain 2 Wiki|
|Artifacts • Challenges • Chests • Difficulty • Drones • Equipment • Interactibles • Items • Item Stacking • Lore • Mechanics • Monsters • Newt Altars • Prismatic Trial • Shrines • Status Effects|
|Acrid • Artificer • Bandit • Captain • Commando • Engineer • Heretic • Huntress • Loader • Mercenary • MUL-T • REX|
|Abandoned Aqueduct • Abyssal Depths • Commencement • Distant Roost • Rallypoint Delta • Scorched Acres • Siren's Call • Sky Meadow • Sundered Grove • Titanic Plains • Wetland Aspect|
|A Moment, Fractured • A Moment, Whole • Bazaar Between Time • Bulwark's Ambry • Gilded Coast • Void Fields|
- A Chat with the Makers of Risk of Rain 2 (Hopoo Games) https://youtu.be/j0Mpqfl3L50?t=4759